- 1 cup, sand
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp powdered dulse seaweed (available from health-food stores)
- 1 tbsp powdered kelp
- 1 wide-necked preserving jar, or Kilner jar, with an airtight, hinged lid
- Wooden spatula or spoon
- 7fl Oz olive oil
- Peppermint foot gel or essential oil (optional)
- 1 label listing the name of the scrub, and with instructions to apply a little of the scrub to the soles of the feet in a circular rubbing motion, paying particular attention to any hard areas of skin
- 1 scallop shells
- Recycled ribbon or natural raffia
Put all the dry ingredients into the preserving jar and mix them together with the spatula or spoon.
Gradually add the olive oil and stir the ingredients well with the spatula as you pour.
Add six drops of peppermint essential oil or foot gel, if you wish. The peppermint gives the scrub an extra freshness.
Give the ingredients a last stir, seal the jar, add the label and tie on the shell with the ribbon or raffia
Homemade Sea Salt Foot Scrub Reviewed by Justin Jamil on 22:19 Rating: